Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 2: Drawing and Painting


These two images represent my experiences in drawing and painting. The first image is an 18" x 24" self-portrait of myself in charcoal. I did this as a summertime project in 2012, just so I can keep my fingers moving and no lose most of the acquired knowledge of how to shade and blend objects or figure without the use of "cartoon lines". I must admit I still have a long ways to go in regards to drawing with charcoal and after viewing the works of Laurie Lipton's charcoal and pencil drawings, it gave me a hint of inspiration in how to use tiny lines as well as velvety tones to render an object effectively. My next piece is an abstract of geometric shapes and I am using complementary colors on each panel and trying to merge them as one unit. I completed this in the Fall of 2010 in my Design Fundamental class at my community college. This was my second time painting (my first was an assignment where I had to design and paint a color wheel) and I am sad to say this was my last time painting. I hope that I can find time to paint and really understand the fundamentals of how to paint efficiently.


No comments:

Post a Comment