Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week 1: Pop Art Characteristics

I have been looking through my lecture slides about Modernism and Post Modernism and in particular the Pop Art era. Artists featured in this era are Claes Oldenburg, James Rosenquist, Richard Hamilton, and Andy Warhol and each of their work are designed to look glamorous, popular, and mass-produced. I find myself attracted to these characteristics in way that starts up my creativity juices in my brain to emulate some of their work. In fact, an artwork of mine that I completed this past spring comes to mind. It was hand drawn and edited on a computer to further enhance the glamorous look of my work. The image you are about to look at is my ABC project and the main purpose of me showing this photo is to link together how the three topics mentioned above in Pop Art match the what I am trying to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment