Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 4: Sculpture

This lecture really made me reevaluate how a sculpture can be formed through different kinds of media. I witness art piece that had: clothing, wax, paper plates, steel pins, Styrofoam cups, plastic straws, fishing lines, buttons, tar paper, wood, fabric, and even nail clippings. The common theme with most of these artworks is that they are earth friendly material (excluding plastic). When I was looking at Tara Donovan's Toothpicks I was immediately drawn to how this piece was entirely made from only wooden toothpick and this art work reminded me of one of my 3D sculptures I did last semester called Static Turbine. It was completely made from wood-based materials and I spray painted it with a metallic coat. I hope you like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment